The Noroton Yacht Club is actively seeking membership candidates who love to sail and are willing to volunteer.
FastFacts outlines a complete list of programs and offerings for your entire family.
A love of sailing is the primary quality we look for in our new members. That can mean a top-flight one-design sailor with a strong sailing resume, or a club-level sailor who simply wants to race on weekends or cruise, or candidates that would like to learn to sail or expand upon basic sailing skills.
Volunteerism is another key factor and our club depends on people being willing to step forward to help with sailing-related activities, including race management and junior sailing, as well as club operations, entertainment, and tennis.
The Membership Committee functions as a year-round committee and actively recruits members throughout the year and can help prospective candidates find Proposers. The Committee host’s events at the club to meet interested candidates and will answer questions about the club fleets and programs.
Should you have any questions, or for further details, please contact Brooke Hastings at email@example.com, with subject heading: NYC Membership.
- New clubhouse completed spring 2018
- NYC has learn-to-sail programs for adults & children. The Jr. Sailing program has 100 sailors, ages 8–18, in Optimists, FEVAs, Lasers and 420’s.
- NYC has Women’s learn to sail and learn to race programs.
- NYC is home to one of the largest Sonar fleets in the country; fleet racing takes place Sunday afternoons from May through October.
- A top-ranked team race program for experienced sailors, who mentor members that want to take their sailing skills to the next level.
- NYC offers lots of crewing and sailing opportunities for non-boat owners, including a crew-training seminar, 6 club-owned Ideal 18’s, and 1 club owned Sonar.
- Social events throughout the season with family and fellow members at the Club’s picturesque harbor location.
- Our new food and beverage service offers breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as a clubhouse bar, which is open on select days. Waterside dining and views, it makes for an ideal setting to entertain family and friends.
- NYC’s beach encourages swimming and playing in a safe environment, and a beachside BBQ and picnic area.
- Paddleboard, canoe, and kayak storage offers easily accessible launch dock.
- Active tennis program offers something for every age including ladies clinics, men’s drills and lessons for children.