Post Date: Monday, October 07, 2019
2019 Kirby Cup
The Kirby Cup Team Race concluded with another spectacular day of sun, fun and champagne conditions, with the regatta going to three full round-robins.
Congratulations to Vineyard Haven YC for the tie-breaking win. Larchmont YC was second, and the home team third.
1. Vineyard Haven YC
2. Larchmont YC
3. Noroton YC
4. Pequot YC
6. Seawanhaka Corinthian YC
After a perfect Saturday Southerly that built to 10-15 knots, sailors we greeted with a typical puffy and shifty NNE’ly on Sunday morning that tested the RC and sailors alike.
A huge thanks the many who made this event possible:
- Regatta co-chairs Michael Rudnick and IG Schottlaender
- PRO Glenn Morrison and the Race Committee for staying on top of a lot of shifts and ripping current to get off 45 races.
- Chief Umprie TK and umpires Lee Morrison and Michael Rudnick who were accompanied by competitor umpires.
- Sailing director Connor Brady who handled bosun duties and also manned a Markboat.
- The 12 Noroton YC sonar owners who graciously loaned their boats to make this event possible.
- The Spadtasitcs for a great night of live music on the Terrace following a perfect sunset buffet after sailing on Saturday.
And to all the sailors who’s sportsmanship and camaraderie made for an enjoyable and competitive regatta.
It was great to have legendary Sonar designer, yachting hall of famer, and long-time Noroton YC member Bruce Kirby present the awards.
Hide Click to Edit's & Photo Album Settings ( Stays hidden until toggled off. )
CWS & Content Load